Revisionary Breast Surgery Toowoomba
Breast Implant Revision
When you undergo your breast augmentation surgery, it is very unlikely that you have a second breast surgery, often referred to as breast revision surgery, on your mind. On occasion, after breast augmentation surgery, patients can experience problems with the implants that will require a second surgery. In addition, breast implants are not designed to last a lifetime; they may need to be replaced at some point.
Common Concerns Breast Revision Surgery Can Address
At Allure Clinic we see our patients requesting breast revision surgery for a number of reasons that are personal to each patient. Some of these reasons include the following.
- Concerns about implant rupture or leak
- Concerns related to implant migration
- Changing the type of implant, from saline to silicone as an example in order to obtain a softer and more natural feel
- Capsular contracture
- Changes to the breast after pregnancy or after changes in weight
- Changes that are related to age, including minor drooping
- Cosmetic concerns that include poor placement, symmastia, bottoming out or double-bubble
We also meet with patients who have undergone augmentation surgery more than a decade ago. Patients may now be in a different place in their lives. It may make more sense to remove the implants.